Monday, December 13, 2010

Winter Blues

So every time I look outside and see the snow or walk outside and feel the cold, I think to myself, "And I'm going to go live in this? Yeah right!"

But then I remember that we are not actually starting our hike until the beginning of May, and by that time, the snow should be gone. And though there will be cold nights, the temperature will not be in the single digits.

Sometimes I get scared that I won't be able to walk 2,200 miles. Other times, I am so excited that I wish I could start tomorrow. Sometimes the thought of eating rice and pasta for 5 months scares me. Other times, I can't wait to walk into town and devour a pizza single-handidly. Watch out!

When I'm bored these days, I find myself Googling the Appalachian Trail. Or following postings on whiteblaze.net. I'm hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment