Friday, January 21, 2011

A reflection

I was looking back on some 3/5 cards from a hiking trip on the Florida Trail last March. My friends and I hiked approximately 75 miles in 5 days. It was my first backpacking trip, and it ignited a passion and desire in me to keep going, to do something bigger. Here's a quote I found:

"The night is quiet, a little on the cold side. The thoughts of the next weeks and months keep vying for my attention-attention that I don't want to give them out here. This place is for hopes and dreams-for the future-for plans and passions. This is a place of restul quiet, of inside jokes, of meditation. This is life. Just saw a mouse..."

And I remember why I love to hike. Why I love to challenge myself. Why I love to share the experience with others. And again, I can't wait for this new adventure to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment